Statue Of Liberty Parking: Where is it? If you plan to drive to visit the Statue of Liberty, you need to research and choose the right parking space. This article will provide the most popular parking places.
A must-do activity when visiting New York is to see the Statue of Liberty in person. It’s a little difficult to get there, unfortunately. You must travel to Liberty Island via the Statue Cruises ferry, whether you are coming from New York or New Jersey.
The ferry would depart from Liberty State Park in New Jersey. However, you must board in Battery Park, Manhattan’s southernmost point, from New York.
Although there is a subway stop near Battery Park and it is one of the easiest ways to get to the ferry, many tourists still opt to drive for various reasons.
Although Battery Park doesn’t have a parking lot of its own, there are plenty of options nearby. It can be a little overwhelming. You can choose the best parking location for you using this guide to the Statue of Liberty, which will help you plan your trip more easily.
Explore more: Best place to view the Torch
Where should you park in New York City to see the Statue of Liberty?
Here are some parking options in the vicinity of Battery Park. From the ferry terminal, where you will board, they are all within a 5-minute walk.
Ocean Parking garage
Crossing the West Side Highway from Battery Park, the Ocean Parking garage is located. It is located on the ground floor of a Moinian apartment complex, and there are green PARK signs at the entrance.
The lot is a little congested and smaller than some of the others due to its location as well as the residential complex above it. As a result, it’s best to make a free online reservation ahead of time.
- Fee: $25 for up to ten hours
- Location: 1 West Street is located across the street from Battery Park.
- The distance walk to Battery Park: one-minute.
- Ideal for: Those who want to park as close to Battery Park as possible.
The State Pearl Garage
The State Pearl Garage is located close to Battery Park’s other side. This parking space is situated at the base of a tall, dark office structure that is situated behind a Starbucks. The signage is dark and placed by the sides of the garage or at the top, making it difficult to see the entrance.
It’s best to arrive early because they don’t accept reservations in advance.
- Fee: $24/hour, $29/2 hours, and $38/~10hours.
- Location: 1 Bridge Street is the address.
- The distance walk to Battery Park: 1 minute.
- Ideal for: Its proximity to Battery Park and the Financial District. Excellent for anyone who wanted to go exploring after seeing the statue.
LAZ Parking Garage
Only one of the options on this list, LAZ Parking Garage, has a whole building devoted to a parking garage. This means more space and a lower chance of running out of space.
The structure is large, rectangular, and light brown (with a large electric sign), making it easy to identify. For people who want to visit both the World Trade Center and Battery Park in the same day, the building’s proximity to both places makes it a great destination.
- Fee: $22/2 hours and $32/12 hours.
- Location: 70 Greenwich Street is the address.
- The distance walk to Battery Park: 5 minutes.
- Ideal for: Tourists who also go to the World Trade Center and 9/11 Memorial.
Battery Place Parking
Battery Place Parking is tucked away in the neighborhood of Battery Park City.
The entrance is very small and located beneath a modest-sized brick apartment building at the end of a dead-end street. The location is not ideal; it is quite remote in comparison to the other options. Although it does offer electric charging stations and has some of the best reviews.
- Fee: $24 for up to two hours, $28 for up to three hours, and $40 for up to ten hours.
- Location: 50 Battery Place is the address.
- The distance walk to Battery Park: 4 minutes.
- Suitable for: Early risers. If you park between 5 a.m. and 7 a.m. and 10 a.m. If you leave by 11 p.m., you only have to pay $20 for the day. This offer is only valid Monday through Friday.
Liberty State Park parking
If you’re traveling by car to Liberty State Park in New Jersey, you can park there for free for up to two hours. The cost is $7 per car for a maximum of 16 hours, however, if you intend to stay longer or take the Statue Cruises ferry.
This may appear to be a good deal in comparison to NYC parking prices, and it is. On the other hand, depending on traffic, travel time from Manhattan to the Liberty State Park can range from 30 to an hour. It’s an especially aggravating drive after spending the day at the statue and just trying to get back into town.
As a result, the low cost isn’t really worth the hassle and time involved in navigating the traffic.
To get to this park, take the New Jersey Turnpike Extension to Exit 14B. Follow the directions for the ferry to Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty.
Want to save money on parking at the Statue of Liberty? It’s always nice to think you’ve found a good deal. Here are some pointers for drivers looking for parking.
- Arrive as soon as possible. It may even save you money in some cases. But in every situation, it will ensure availability and give you a better chance of finding a parking spot.
- Don’t leave anything of great value in the car. Even though most places have excellent security, anything can happen.
- Don’t throw away your parking ticket. If you can’t find it, the majority of garages will impose a steep fee.
- Give plenty of time for retrieval of your car when you return to pick it up. It could take up to 20 to 30 minutes for your car to arrive because many of these garages frequently become overloaded with pick-ups.
Getting to Battery Park, whether by car, foot, or subway, is only the beginning. There are many different ways to visit the statue, all of which require some planning.
Do you know What Does The Statue of Liberty Represent?
Frequently Asked Questions
Is parking free in the Statue of Liberty?
In Liberty State Park in New Jersey, you can park there for free for up to two hours. Other than that, there is no other free parking space.
How much is parking at Statue of Liberty?
We fervently advise guests arriving by car or bus to make use of the convenient parking lots at the ferry area in Liberty State Park in New Jersey. The cost of parking a car at Liberty State Park is $7.
Where is free parking in Battery Park?
Occasionally available free parking spaces can be found on Battery Place’s northwest end, west of Little West Street and the Battery Park Underpass.
There are many Statue Of Liberty Parking spots. Which Statue Of Liberty Parking is suitable for you? Which parking spot do you think is the best? Please comment your thoughts and experiences to share with Artseensoho‘s readers.